Thursday, October 4, 2007

Week 5 Reflection

After our dicussion last week I have been trying to think of an audience for my blog. To realize that no one will read your blog unless they stumble upon it amoungst the millions...no billions of other blogs out there makes me think that I need to create an 'All Rage Set Aside' community. Oh hum...who could I interest in discussing things that I think are interesting...and hopefully have it take off so that we are discussing things that others enjoy as well.
The direction I turn to is of course work. Perhaps I can get...no force...the people who work for me to read, post, and enjoy a blog....but how?
Since I send out weekly emails, I could incorporate this blog into something they could access weekly. But what? I suppose I could have them discuss events that happened to them on the soccer pitch. People that have yelled obscenities that we would all think is funny...or injuries...or cautions/cards given.
I'm still thinking...
I think I would need to make it something fun and would need to get enough people participating so that others would want to check out what they have to say. After the next two weeks (my busy time) I'll have time to play around and see how to get them involved. It could be fun!
Cheers!

1 comment:

Bjorn Pederson said...

I don't think you really need to create an "All Rage Set Aside" community (although that thought is intreging, with a name like that...what kind of community would form). I do you have a good idea with incorporating a blog with the weekly emails. One guy in my other class uses a blog in his non-profit that he has more than just one person write, so as events happen they can get entered.