Thursday, November 1, 2007

Web Design

I feel a little lost as to the purpose of my Web site. I can't really think of anything I can apply a Web site too. If I was a teacher, I could make a Web site for my students to access homework or classroom resources...but I'm not. So, now what. I first began by creating a "waste of space" Web site just to get the assignment done. But, I am having second thoughts. I want this Web site to apply to at least something. So, then I was brainstorming on what I do--work, read, bike, friends, school, job-hunt, movies, hangout, coffee, soccer, family...I suppose the list could go on and on. Perhaps that should be my theme....me. Just have a link to a page describing different parts of my life. Ahh...that seems a little ego-centric...but, when you think you don't know anything, I suppose you always know yourself.
I'm still not sold on "me" as a Web site theme. What else, what else...If I centered it around work, I would lose interest fast as I am constantly thinking of how to get out of the posistion I am in. Besides, I already made a blog for my work people and add to that weekly. Doing a Web site too would just push me over the edge. I could develop some sort of friends and family Web site and have a few pages for each part of the fam. But, then I would feel obligated to maintain the thing for the family and I know that I would lose interest fast.
I guess then it is decided...it'll be for me. My very own Web site. I'll change the name from Katie's Waste of Space...to Katie? No, that's just not right. Oh...and then the brainstorming continues...

No comments: